Savvy guys are dope and very cool, especially in some very nice and fashionable jackets. Jackets add to the masculinity of the men race. Leather jackets are very amazing on guys; they can be worn over sweat shirts, t-shirts, casual tops etc. they are also great for all occasions be it formal, casual, and corporate. It also fits into all weathers.
Leather jackets come in varying colours and are for all age groups. Buying a Leather jackets for men is a very good investment for a guy’s wardrobe; it is worth every penny it costs, as they are usually expensive. It is bad investment when you buy a jacket and finds out that it isn’t genuine.
Here are some tips to take note of when going to buy your next or new leather jacket;
- Avoid buying online- you don’t get to test your jacket if you make your purchase online, and leather jackets are good looking only if they are an exact size and well-fitting to the body (They should feel like an extension of your body). You can only choose to buy online if you can be allowed to return it’s not well fitting.
- Know your style- there is different styles of leather jackets and they certainly won’t look good on all. These styles include the classic biker jacket, the motor cross or cafe racer (this has less zips and it’s figure hugging), military jackets (there are two basic types, the A-2 bomber and B-2 shearling made for pilots to keep them warm thousands of feet high up), fencing jacket.
- Determine the animal skin you want- not all leathers are made from cow skin. There are other types of animal skin such as bovine (this is usually stiff and doesn’t wear in), calfskin (it’s softer and wears easily), goatskin (it’s supple, durable and water resistant), sheepskin (this is lighter, isn’t tough), lambskin (soft and light), pigskin (this is soft and pliable). The type of animal skin determines the durability of the jacket. For example for something light then go for the sheepskin or lambskin.
- Know the leather type- there are varying types of leather to choose from. When going to buy a leather jacket, pay close attention to the type of leather you are choosing from, these leather types are varying based on the cuts.
Full grain leather- this type is uncut and is used in its full texture. It makes use of the entire layer of animal skin. It is very thick and stiff, and it ages in a unique and beautiful way.
Top layer grain- this is just the outer layer. The inner layers are removed. Its flexible and thin. It usually maintains the same look throughout its life.
Corrected grain- this is a type of leather to run away from. It is artificial and not real at all.
- Watch out for loose ends- check that the I’s are dotted and the T’s crossed.